Every year: December, 24th – January, 5th (Festival Abene)
from February, 9th to 16th Carnival in Kafountine!
10 days of diverse African dance and music workshops led by excellent and inspired teachers! Participants enjoy diverse workshops with some of the Casamance‘s nest local dancers and musicians. 1 full day of celebration, with traditional festival and dance performances from the artists of the Casamance region.
Price: €750,- / €650,- for students
• accomodation – full board (3 meals per day) directly on the beach in tropical Casamance.
• Up to 4 hours dance per day on workshop days
• 1 1/2 - 2 hours percussion per day
• Meeting with all informations before the journey
Workshops includet: Dance:
• african dance (beginners and advanced)
• traditional sabar dance
• traditional saourouba dances Drum:
• djembe, doun doun, saourouba, sabar, tamah, bougarabou, kora
Other Workshops (not includet):
• african sculpture
• african cooking
• african batik and clothing, painting
• shamanic ritual
• language courses in african languages mandinka, diola, wolof
Tours in the loca area (Bird Island) can be booked.
Trip to the Festival Djambadong for a small donation (transport).